Career Opportunity – Events Coordinator
Do you love events? The feeling of being part of the success of a world-class organization?
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Exhibition Park. Not only does Lethbridge & District Exhibition play a large part in the history of Southern Alberta but we are making history one event at a time. Be it agriculture, tradeshows, music festivals, midways, weddings, rodeos, sporting events, conferences and more, Exhibition Park is a cool place to be and a great place to grow.
- The Coordinator, Events is a full-time position that is compensated through base salary
- This position oversees all aspects of event planning for both small and large scale events, including but not limited to Exhibition Park’s Signature Events, weddings, receptions, meetings, conferences, tradeshows and more
- This position is responsible for booking and coordinating internal and external assigned events based on sales volume
- This position requires strong administrative and customer service skills, adaptability to dynamic situations and requires the ability to work flexible hours in a fast paced environment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monitoring, implementing, and updating the critical paths for the events
- Build strong working relationships with clients to determine event aspects including facility selection/booking, creating contracts, developing set-up maps, determining food and beverage requirements, staffing, event logistics and event debrief
- Responsible to sell and assign exhibitor spaces for each assigned tradeshow
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to client and vendors
- Manage, monitor, process payments and prepare billing for facility bookings
- Use strategic thinking and project management skills to produce events on or under budget
Strong knowledge of the on-site venues with the ability to capitalize on sales opportunities for future events and clients
- Lead on assigned shows, including working with event committees, developing and maintaining communication with exhibitors
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients
- Research, recruit and liaise with vendors
- Create event proposals and present to prospective clients
- Work closely with internal departments while anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios
- Assist with event supplies and rentals by responding to requests, checking inventory and creating rental contracts as required
- Responsible for maintaining the link between the event committees and staff, including attending assigned Event Committee meetings
- Responsible to ensure all shows are within guidelines of the Fire Department, AB Health and following Liquor regulation
- Performs related duties as required
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, hospitality management, Arts, Recreation, Sport, and Tourism (BARTS) or a related field. A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Related experience in the non-profit, event planning and/or marketing sector preferred
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with event registration software
- Well organized, detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment and able to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work under tight timelines
- Expects highest quality performance from self and others
- Ability to build relationships, work and contribute in a team based environment and deliver excellence in client service
- Passionate about a career in events industry
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Primarily in an office environment
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed including all Exhibition Park Signature Events
- Team and self-management experience preferred
- Able to handle stress and problem-solve
- Some exposure to stairs, uneven footing, outside weather and large numbers of people
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS PLEASE SEND RESUME TO:
firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to reference the job description title in the subject of the email.
HAND OR MAIL DELIVERY
Reception, South Pavilion Building, Main Level
3401 Parkside Drive South
Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4R3
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS SEPTEMBER 20, 2019.
ONLY THOSE OF INTEREST WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW. LETHBRIDGE AND DISTRICT EXHIBITION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.