Career Opportunity – Trade Show Event Coordinator
Supervisor, Events & Entertainment
April 2nd, 2018 or as soon as possible.
While the Marketing Manager is responsible for the overall direction of the department, this position will answer to the Supervisor of Events & Entertainment.
The Trade Show Event Coordinator is responsible for the “big picture” of individual shows. This means working with event committees, developing and maintaining communication with exhibitors, and providing input on the direction of the shows. Current shows under this position are, but subject to change:
- AG Expo Trade Show
- Working Farmers Markets under the direction of the Farmers Market Coordinator: Alternate Saturdays, & all Wednesdays
- Children’s Festival Tradeshow; Whoop up Day’s Indoor Tradeshow; Aggie Days; Whoop Up Days Parade
- Assisting with the other annual shows such as Home & Garden; Open Farm Days
Trade Show Event Coordination:
- Responsible to have a good understanding of Microsoft Office and strong organizational skills
- Responsible for maintaining the link between the Trade Show Event Committees and staff
- Attends assigned Trade Show Event Committee meetings
- Responsible for monitoring, implementing, and updating the critical paths for the events
- Ensures that maps, contracts, etc. are updated & presented for review to finance, supervisor & manager
- Responsible to sell all space in the Tradeshows
- Develops and maintains relationships and handles exhibitor requests and concerns in a timely manor
- Creates exhibitor packages, such as contract packages, confirmation packages, and exhibitor kits
- Assigns exhibitor spaces for each show
- Provides information to Finance & Operation Department regarding booth spaces, power requirements, sign needs, set-up information, etc.
- Responsible to ensure all shows are within guidelines of the Fire Department, AB Health and following Liquor regulation
- Work with existing exhibitors to expand their presence in the show when appropriate
- Refer exhibitors who have the potential to be an event sponsor to the Manager, Marketing
- Other duties and Committees as assigned
Deadline for applications:
12:00 pm Mountain Time Friday, March 23, 2018
Interested individuals can apply to:
Doug Kryzanowski, Manager, Marketing
Hand or Mail Delivery:
Reception, South Pavilion Building, Main Level
3401 Parkside Drive South, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4R3
Lethbridge and District Exhibition is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest.