41st ANNUAL HOME & GARDEN SHOW
For Immediate Release – March 8, 2017
Lethbridge, Alberta – The 41st annual Home and Garden Show presented by Exhibition Park and the Canadian Homebuilders Association, Lethbridge Region opens Wednesday, March 22 at Exhibition Park in Lethbridge. This Show is a ‘one-stop’ opportunity to find all of the home, yard and garden ideas. Over 300 exhibitors are registered for the Home and Garden Show. A wait list for exhibitors is in place for any last minute cancellations.
Landscaping and Garden displays will highlight the show with outstanding booth set-ups that can make your front or back yard into the oasis of your dreams. Renovations, design and Do –it- Yourself ideas will create many ideas for your home.
HERITAGE HALL WILL BE A BUSY PLACE THIS YEAR!!!
- New in Heritage Hall – the BURNCO Landscaper Challenge! BURNCO has been a long time supporter of Home and Garden Show and have offered to stage this new landscape challenge. BURNCO has challenged four of Lethbridge’s top landscape contractors to create a functional backyard landscape in Heritage Hall using a very minimal selection of materials, and do this in a very small space. The goal of the challenge is to have local landscape contractors demonstrate to the public, how creative their projects can be, using very common and economical products. This challenge will help the homeowner understand that a qualified and competent landscape contractor can deliver an outside living space that will not only improve their homes value, but will also improve their quality of life.
- Landscapers Earthlings Inc., Hedgecore Landscaping, DT Renovations and Country Landscapes were instructed to keep the Landscape projects under $10,000 with labor and materials included.
- The general public will be invited to judge these displays, and vote for their favorite landscape display.
- The BURNCO Landscape winner will receive the “People’s Choice” plaque on the last day of the show and have it displayed at the BURNCO Landscape Westside location throughout the coming year.
New in Heritage Hall – “The Patio”
- “THE PATIO” – is a newly constructed BURNCO deck. It will be open during show hours for the public to relax and purchase snacks and have a cold beverage. The draw barrel to vote on your choice for the favorite landscape design will be at the Patio.
New in Heritage Hall – Presentations
- Lethbridge & District Horticultural Society and Ferguson Paint will be doing daily presentations in Heritage hall about Gardening practices and painting techniques. Schedule is in the show guide.
New in Heritage Hall – KIDZ KORNER
- Lethbridge & District Horticultural Society will be doing seed planting with the first 100 kids Saturday from 1-4 pm in Heritage Hall…. to teach them about how seeds grow and how they can grow their own gardens at home.
Continuing in its sixth year is the BDO 5 Star Exhibitor Awards. Exhibitors will be selected on criteria that make their booth and service a compliment to the Show.
The ATCO Carefree Kitchen Cooking Theatre also returns in the South Pavilion. Learn how to bake a “Blooming Onion!”
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at 2 pm, 4 pm & 6 pm and Saturday at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm.
The Major prize giveaway is a $500 gift certificate to any Exhibitor of your choice. In addition there will be 10 Tim Horton Gift cards as giveaways. The draw barrel for entries will be located at the Information Booth – South area Main Pavilion.
The Home and Garden Show dates are:
- Wednesday to Friday March 22-23-24 > Open 1 to 8 pm Saturday March 25 > Open 10 to 5 pm
- Admission is $7 per person with parking $5 per vehicle.
Children under 10 are free.
2017 Event Dates Media Release
For Immediate Release – Fedruary 23, 2017
Lethbridge, Alberta – Lethbridge & District Exhibition announce 2017 annual event dates to media.
Lethbridge & District Exhibition named its 2017 Board of Directors
For Immediate Release – Fedruary 3, 2017
Lethbridge, Alberta – Lethbridge & District Exhibition named its 2017 Board of Directors at its Annual General Meeting on Thursday, February 2, 2017. There were six positions available for 2017. Incumbents, Rick Neudorf, Bruce Galts and Mark Sayers were re-elected for a 3 year term. Newly elected director Trinity Davies will serve a 3 year term and newly elected directors Aaron Honess and John Rafa were elected to a 1 year term.
In a subsequent Board Meeting, the new Board elected its Officers. The newly elected President is Mike Davis; 1st Vice President is Bruce Galts and 2nd Vice President is Bev Lanz.
The 2017 Board is as follows:
- Mike Davis – President
- Bruce Galts – 1st Vice President
- Bev Lanz – 2nd Vice President
- Bob Simonton
- Tom McKenzie
- Cathy Maxwell
- Ken Benson
- Rick Neudorf
- Mark Sayers
- Trinity Davies
- Aaron Honess
- John Rafa
- Andy Cumming – Past President
Councillor Joe Mauro will continue as representative for the City of Lethbridge and Steve Campbell will represent the County of Lethbridge.
EXHIBITION PARK ANNOUNCES EVENT CHANGES FOR NEW YEARS’ EVE 2016
For Immediate Release – November 3, 2016
Lethbridge, Alberta – Exhibition Park announced today some major event changes for this year’s New Years’ Eve.
Doug Kryzanowski, Manager Marketing for Exhibition Park announced that we are launching Exhibition Park’s 120th Anniversary with Canada’s 150 and the Alberta 4-H 100th. With these three milestones in 2017, it offered us the opportunity to make event programming changes.
After 20 years, the Family Fest event and programming will now roll into the Children’s Family Festival on May 6, 2017. This will be the seventh year for the Children’s Festival and the programming of both events complimented this consolidation.
Details of this relaunch of this event will be announced at a later media scrum in the New Year.
DETAILS RELEASED FOR SOUTHERN REGION OF 4-H ALBERTA CELEBRATION OF 4-H ALBERTA’S 100THE BIRTHDAY
For Immediate Release – September 27, 2016
Lethbridge, Alberta – The Southern Region of 4-H Alberta and Exhibition Park announced the details today of Southern Alberta’s salute to Alberta’s 4-H 100th Celebration which takes place throughout 2017.
The Southern 4-H Region kick-off event will take place Saturday, January 7 in the North Pavilion at Exhibition Park.
From Noon to 4 pm Southern region 4-H clubs will host a free to the public trade show. The trade show will showcase each club and their activities that they are undertaking. In addition, educational showcases with speakers and interactive activities will also be held within the trade show area in the North Pavilion.
Andy Pittman, Chairman of the Southern Region of 4-H Alberta Celebration Committee said, “The Committee has been planning this event since last fall. 4-H has held a strong presence across Alberta for the 100 years. This is an opportunity to showcase the Southern Region 4-H clubs and their talents. We are hoping that all 56 Southern Region 4-H clubs will participate in the celebration!”
Following the trade show at 4:30 pm in the South Pavilion, there will be a reception, silent auction and a special announcement of the introduction of a time capsule.
Pittman added “on the day of the Centennial celebration, January 7 a special activity that will take place prior to the banquet is the unveiling and filling of a unique time capsule. The time capsule, which will be built in the shape of a miniature grain elevator, will be filled with memorable and significant items from individuals and groups throughout the Southern Region’s 4-H community.
Once the capsule is filled and sealed, the intent is to keep the contents “under wraps” until another 4-H milestone event – perhaps the 125 year celebration.
Most time capsules are built with the end goal of burying them underground in a secure location. However, this impressive metal capsule will be securely displayed at the home of a long-time Southern Region 4-H partner, which is Exhibition Park in Lethbridge.”
Following the reception, the kick off the 2017 Celebration will conclude with a banquet in the South Pavilion. Guest speaker will be Dave Poulsen, celebrated pro rodeo announcer, award winning author and speaker plus being a Leader in the 4-H program years ago.
Tickets are $20 per person and are available at the Exhibition Park Reception desk starting October 3rd.
More information can be found at: www.southcentennial.com
Rudy Friesen, CEO of Exhibition Park, stated “the partnership between Exhibition Park and the Southern Region of 4-H Clubs has existed for over 93 years. This 100th Celebration that the committee has worked on continues to show the strength of the partnership of the two organizations which sustains the importance of the Southern Region of 4-H Alberta.”