Open Farm Days
Exhibition Park and UFA present the fourth annual
Open Farm Days Great Southern Alberta Ag Tour
Saturday, August 17th
There are no tickets for sale this year. You can win complimentary tour tickets by listening to B93 from July 29-August 2 and Country 95 from August 5-9. The tour will take participants to four participating farms where you will have the opportunity to experience first-hand how their products are managed, produced and grown.
Tour Schedule – Saturday, August 17, 2019
- 10:00 a.m. – Arrive at Exhibition Park, sign in and enjoy the Farmers’ Market
- 10:45 p.m. – Board bus & travel to Pizza Hut
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Eat Lunch at Pizza Hut
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. – Travel to Mans Organics
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. – Tour Mans Organics
- 1:15-1:30 p.m. – Travel to Lois Lake Dairy
- 1:30-2:15 p.m. – Tour Lois Lake Dairy
- 2:15-2:45 p.m. – Travel to Hearts Haven Ranch
- 2:45-3:30 p.m. – Tour Hearts Haven Ranch
- 3:30-3:45 p.m. – Travel to O.K. Colony
- 3:45-4:45 p.m. – Tour O.K. Colony
- 4:45-5:30 p.m. – Travel back to Exhibition Park
- Return coach transportation from Exhibition Park
- Experiential tour of four farms
- Pizza Hut lunch & bus refreshments
- The tour will begin at the Lethbridge Exhibition Park North parking area and will be departing at 10:45 a.m. Come early and enjoy the spirit of the Saturday Farmer’s Market which opens at 9:00 a.m.
Located outside of Coaldale, AB this family owned and operated organic vegetable farm houses a large greenhouse used for growing tomatos, peppers, cucumbers as well as producing dry crops of onions, shallots, garlic and more on their large area of land.
Lois Lake Dairy
Located outside of Coaldale, AB this family owned and operated dairy farm uses Hi-tech robotic milking systems to advance their operations and increase their production capabilities.
Hearts Haven Ranch
Located outside of Raymond, AB this facility hosts a wide range of activities including: equestrian riding, therapeutic riding, rider level testing and equine facilitated learning. Their facility enables instructors to provide instructive, nurturing and safe experiences that bring together the human and equine worlds.
Established in 1934 as a branch of the Rockport Colony in South Dakota, the O.K. Colony located outside of Raymond, AB produces a wide range of products and produce using their communal living and farming lifestyle. This tour will offer an inside look into the unique lifestyle of an Alberta Hutterite Colony.
Emily Giesbrecht – Exhibition Park