Sous Chef / Catering Supervisor
Do you love events? The feeling of being part of the success of a world-class organization?
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Exhibition Park. Not only does Lethbridge & District Exhibition play a large part in the history of Southern Alberta but we are making history one event at a time. Be it agriculture, tradeshows, music festivals, midways, weddings, rodeos, sporting events, conferences and more, Exhibition Park is a cool place to be and a great place to grow.
Sous Chef/Catering Supervisor
- Maintain a professional and pleasant attitude and provide excellent service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Help maintain and control inventory levels of food.
- Administration of staff to maintain labor costs, yet providing the highest quality of service standards
- Assist in other areas to promote the food and beverage operation to ensure an enjoyable experience and atmosphere through effective management, promotions and activities
- Assist the Food Services Concession Supervisor in overseeing all kitchen operations
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the ongoing training and supervision of all kitchen staff.
- Ensure implementation and provide ongoing evaluation of all the applicable Exhibition Park standards with regard to the food operation.
- Respond to guest concerns and complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Coordinate daily activities and schedules of all department staff.
- Ensure work areas are stocked, organized and cleaned at all times as defined by the task list and cleaning schedules posted in the department.
- Ensure work areas and equipment are kept clean, functional and orderly at all times, reporting any deficiencies as necessary.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned by the F&B Manager
- Prepare necessary reporting to enable evaluation of kitchen performance.
- Responsible for receiving and storing received goods.
- Responsible for the quality of all food prepared at all times and checks constantly for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Help drive our local food initiative and to creatively implement local menu products.
- Make daily inspections of all fridges, freezers and food store rooms, to ensure proper management, rotation and dating of all products.
- Assist with the planning of features utilizing leftovers and available products.
- Ensure that all chemicals, detergents and cleaning supplies are properly stored and away from food and food preparation areas.
- Teach others in the proper handling of chemicals using “WHMIS” program.
- Adhere to all fire and safety regulations.
- Maintain flexibility with regards to hours of work and days off, as required by business levels.
- Maintain current with all changing regulations in reference to health standards and industry trends.
- Represent and promote the property on or off site with a positive, professional manner.
- May be required to perform different roles in Food Service, such as but not limited to: Concession, Banquet Food Production, Banquet Service, and Bartending
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must know all Exhibition Park policies, procedures, amenities and services.
- Complete knowledge of WHMIS program.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Staff training and performance evaluation experience.
- Short and long term planning.
- Team Development techniques, delegation and staff coordination.
- Problem Solving, Discipline Maintenance & Conflict Resolution.
- Cost Control.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in all areas of the kitchen in order to judge quality of all food preparation and raw materials.
- Minimum of two years kitchen supervisory experience required.
- Front of House Service experience is an asset
- Shift and weekend work may be required.
- Must dress in accordance with Exhibition Park standards.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Some physical labor and heavy lifting is required.
- Must be able to perform efficiently under pressure and within time restraints.
- Must be honest and trustworthy.
- Must have well groomed appearance at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all employees in all departments.
- Must know how to operate and perform routine maintenance on equipment located in the department.
- Must have physical stamina to maintain a rigorous pace of work.
- Apply safe work practices where established.
- Food Safe Certification required.
- Pro Serve Certification is required.
- Red Seal Certification may be required.
- Satisfactory written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills.
- Must have the ability to handle and solve
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS PLEASE SEND RESUME TO:
email@example.com, be sure to reference the job description title in the subject of the email.
HAND OR MAIL DELIVERY
Reception, South Pavilion Building, Main Level
3401 Parkside Drive South
Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4R3
ONLY THOSE OF INTEREST WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW. LETHBRIDGE AND DISTRICT EXHIBITION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.